Hougen Group

1969rolfcheque

Rolf Hougen Presenting a Cheque to Northern Commercial, 1969.

Ford Dealership of Whitehorse

In April of 1969, Rolf Hougen and associates acquired the Ford Dealership for Whitehorse. A month later, Hougen's purchased Northern Commercial Company both transactions from owners in Seattle who continued large operations in Alaska. The purchase did not include the real estate.

Ford was first introduced in the Yukon by W.A. Puckett, a hardware dealer, in 1927. Volney Richmond of Northern Commercial acquired it in 1936 and continued to operate it until 1969.